Jennifer Caithcart owner of Massage Theory is a Register Massage Therapist with M.T.A.S graduating in 2001 from the McKay School Of Massage And Hydrotherapy in Saskatoon. She is able to direct bill most private insurance companies, RCMP and DVA. Her style includes therapeutic, sports massage and deep treatment. Jen mainly practices therapeutic treatments for chronic maintenance of activities of daily living, prenatal postnatal massage, and athletic injuries to name a few. Jen brings an extensive knowledge of the body and its dysfunctions to a wide variety of treatments, skills as well up at wide variety of clientele, from two years old to 95 year olds, even Grey Cup champions.
Jen specializes in providing customized therapeutic massage care for:
- Patients supplementing medical treatments with stress relief.
- People working in front of a computer and want to get regular neck, shoulder and back relief.
- Professionals desiring a mind-body approach to peak performance and success.
- Youth and adults in sporting activities, where the need is to assist with recovery and maintenance.
- Prenatal and Postnatal massage.
- IASTM Myofacial (Instument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) – An instrument is used to helps break down and release soft tissue facial adhesions. This technique allows for deep specific treatment of problem areas. Mechanical stimulation along with increased local blood flow help promote optimal healing and function. If you are not reaching maximum benefit with your current massage treatment, this technique may help you achieve better results.
Each appointment begins with a quick review to map a plan for your successful session outcome.
Jen specializes in 45 minute treatments, where she customizes it to each individual needs. She will primarily focus of 2 – 3 specific areas affecting the overall complete and desire outcome. Pressure and technique is dependent on my client’s needs and goals.
Jen does not accept SGI or WCB claims.
Jenny Tait graduated from the Massage Therapy College of Manitoba in 2002 as a Licensed, Advanced Remedial Massage Therapist.
After graduation, she stayed in her hometown of Winnipeg for 10 years. Managing her own business out of a Massage Therapy clinic, then a Chiropractic Centre, she continued to develop her expertise with the full spa experience, working for The Riverstone Spa located at The Forks. She fell in love with the atmosphere and freedom to explore and learn new modalities to compliment the massage therapy knowledge she already had. It was through the Riverstone Spa that she took her training for Hot Stone massage, and to become a Reiki Practitioner.
In 2011 she met her husband Andrew and in 2012 relocated to Regina to be with him. Since being in Regina, she has worked with Damara Spa and Just For You Day Spa, but has also kept her own business running out of her home the entire time. Now after finishing her 2nd maternity leave, she has decided it would be best to work outside of the home once again, and in a clinical setting.
Along with the Hot Stone and Reiki training mentioned above, Jenny also specializes in Therapeutic techniques, especially with the type of acute and chronic pain that is the result of every day over-use, such as physical labour and/or desk work. She has a lot of experience working on many different types of people from pregnant women, to musicians and athletes, along with people who are simply looking for a place to unwind and be rejeuvenated.
Jenny has also taken training in Myofascial Release technique which she builds into her treatments, so it is not a treatment on its’ own. She also has extensive experience in pre and postnatal care and looks forward to furthering her training with a certificate in Cranio Sacral technique.
SGI and WCB are not accepted at this time.